Things you never hear in church…………..
- Hey! It’s my turn to sit in the front pew.
- I was so enthralled, I never noticed your sermon went 20 minutes over time.
- Personally, I find volunteer work much more enjoyable than golf.
- I volunteer to be the permanent teacher for the Junior Sunday School class.
- I love it when we sing hymns I’ve never heard before!
- Since we’re all here, let’s start the service early.
- Rector, we’d like to send you to this Bible seminar in theBahamas.
- Nothing inspires me and strengthens my commitment like our annual stewardship campaign!
- I couldn’t find space to park outside. Praise God!
The Ten Commandments
A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandments to “honour thy father and thy mother”, she asked, “is there a commandment that teaches us how to teat our brothers and sisters?”
Without missing a beat, one little boy answered “Thou shall not kill.”