As we embark on a brand new Church year with the season of Advent, it is an appropriate time to reflect that we will be celebrating the 150th Anniversary of Tullow Church in 2014. The parish of Tullow came into existence in 1860 and services were initially held in Kingston school-house while the construction of a dedicated church building commenced. The new building was consecrated by the then Archbishop of Dublin, the Most reverend Richard Chenevix Trench, on 14th April 1864 – almost three weeks after Easter that year, but which will fall in holy Week 2014!
To celebrate 150 years of continuous worship in Tullow, a series of events have been planned under the theme, “Grace through Generations”. A brochure has been published giving a background, a list of planned events/dates and other information and this is being made available to all. In addition, the full contents of the brochure and details of the official launch on Sunday 24th November are available on the parish website: www.tullowdublin.org